Most babies who arrive at my studio already have a couple of teeth! I know from experience that a teething baby can be a lot for new parents to handle. Max, my oldest son and my first child had a particularly rough go at teething. He would get very ill and would experience fevers and even vomiting. We didn’t get much sleep those few months, but luckily it was a lot easier with my other two sons. But that just goes to show that every baby is different.
I thought I would share some of what I have learned as a mother and share some great advice given to me recently by my amazing clients.
- Rash, Diaper Rash
- Cold Symptom
- Pulling on Ears
- Rubbing chin or cheeks
- Loss of appetite
- Avoid white foods (refined sugars, flower, high starch foods and dairy products)
- Eat Heathy fats (meats, avocados, coconut oil, nuts)
- Balance Blood Sugar (avoid eating processed foods and foods high in refined sugar)
Strengthen the Immune system
- Continue to Breast Feed (if you are already doing so)
- Give baby some Vitamin D
- Give Probiotics to encourage healthy bacteria in the gut to fight off illnesses
- Eat foods high in nutrients
Treat the Gums
- Frozen cloths (tip: dip in breast milk then freeze)
- Frozen Vegetables and Fruits
- Frozen silicone teethers
- Natural wooden teethers and rings
My favorite soothers for babies
Have you heard of Genuine Baltic Amber Teething Necklace for Babies. They are necklaces made out of amber that are said to have immune boosting properties. They also have anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties which can help reduce teething pain.
If you don’t feel comfortable putting a necklace on your baby you can also wrap it around their wrists or ankles. Or even better they make Amber necklaces for mom! So well baby is on moms lap they can chew away!
There are also combination wood and silicone rings as well as combo natural wood and silicon necklaces for moms. Baby receives teething relief and gets a little gum massage. All well stimulating visual, motor, and sensory development right on mommies lap